The Walker House
Originally completed in 1887 to be a railroad hotel, the Walker House, located at 121 N. San Dimas Avenue, never had a paying customer thanks to the land bust of the late 1880's. James and Sue Walker of Kentucky purchased the building in 1889 and it became home to several generations of their family.
In 1972 the Walker House was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is the most significant historical building in the City of San Dimas. In late 2000, the Redevelopment Agency of the City of San Dimas purchased the building and initiated a restoration and renovation project.
Docent-led tours are available from the Historical Society by reservation by calling (909) 592-1190.
The restored Walker House is the home of the San Dimas Historical Society, the San Dimas Festival of Arts, as well as Luca Bella Fine Foods. This grand building is a link to our past and now a treasure for our future. Please enjoy the many activities hosted in this beautiful location.